Mini Tummy Tuck
“NO MATTER HOW HARD I EXERCISE, I CAN’T SHIFT THIS TUMMY”
A mini tummy tuck is all about quality of life, self-esteem and trying to sort out that ‘pouch’ of skin above the knicker line. If you have been considering a mini tummy tuck – also known as a mini abdominoplasty – you have doubtless struggled with trying to reshape your abdominal area with repetitive exercises, but to no avail.
If you are considering surgery to correct this kind of problem, your surgeon will advise whether a mini tummy tuck or perhaps a full tummy tuck would be more suitable – this is where Mr Banwell comes in, and he would be happy to see you for a consultation and the difference between the two will be explained. Mr Banwell will discuss your aims and objectives, your lifestyle and exercise habits and then give you tips on having a nip ‘n tuck in a so-called ‘mummy makeover’ procedure.
WHICH TUMMY TUCK IS FOR ME?
In order to make an informed decision, Mr Banwell will have to examine you and consult with you regarding your wishes and your expectations. Sometimes a patient may think they are suitable for (or want) a mini-tummy tuck but this may not achieve the desired outcome.
Abdominal contouring can take a number of forms and each procedure is designed to address the specific needs of each patient.
There are three issues that a successful tummy tuck can address: skin, fat and muscle. There are a number of procedures performed by Mr Banwell that can be used as part of a tummy tuck process, including liposuction, mini- tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, extended tummy tuck and modified procedures
- Liposuction will remove excess fat deposits and bring that troublesome area back in line with the rest of the body to improve contour. Remember, though, that liposuction will rely on the skin springing back into place. As such, this procedure is therefore a good option for younger patients with more elasticity in their skin. Please click here for more information on LIPOSUCTION. However, liposuction can also be used in combination with full and mini tummy tuck procedures to help improve contour further.
- Mini abdominoplasty is a smaller abdominoplasty, also called a mini tummy tuck, that addresses excess skin below the belly button but will not allow tightening of the muscles. It usually uses a slightly smaller incision. The advantage is a shorter, less visible scar and a quicker recovery. This procedure is for usually slim patients with mild lower abdominal bulges (so called ‘pouch’) that do not respond to exercise. It does not (usually) involve a scar around the tummy button.
- Endoscopic abdominoplasty/rectus repair allows the abdominal muscles to be tightened without creating a normal full tummy tuck scar. This is often performed through a shorter length incision with smaller scars.
- Full abdominoplasty involves all of the skin below the belly button being removed and the muscles tightened. It can be combined with liposuction of the abdomen to achieve the fat removal. This procedure achieves the maximum tightening of abdominal tissue. However, the scar usually runs from hip to hip.
- Extended abdominoplasty is used if weight loss has led to excess skin extending around the hip. An extension of the abdominoplasty can be used to remove excess skin over the hip to improve body contour. The scar is much larger than that of a traditional abdominoplasty and usually has a vertical component (fleur de lys).
“WANT MY PRE-PREGNANCY BODY BACK”
Excess skin is a common problem after weight loss or pregnancy. Whilst a concerted exercise programme is recommended sometimes skin simply will not shrink no matter what extreme fitness measures you take. Unfortunately, the only solution for stubborn excess skin is therefore surgery.
There are many stages in life that can have a detrimental and lasting impact on the way we look and feel. Breast feeding, especially, can have a profound impact on the breasts and abdomen. The changes that occur during and shortly after pregnancy can leave excess loose skin and loss of tone that can just not be recovered through traditional exercise. This is where Mr Banwell and his team can help for patients in Sussex, Surrey, Kent and London.
THE MUMMY MAKEOVER
A tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck, when combined with breast lift, breast augmentation or breast reduction, is a common post-pregnancy revision procedure nicknamed the ‘mummy makeover’. The combined procedures may address the loose tissue and excess skin left after pregnancy. If you struggle with loose skin and reduced muscle tone and it has eroded your self-confidence, this procedure might be right for you. In our practice, we like to combine surgical expertise and an artistic eye to provide you with the result you desire. In all of our procedures, we focus on proportion and balance. So if you’re ready to learn more about mini-abdominoplasty please do book in for a consultation today and phone 01342 330302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Mr Banwell’s office on 01342 330302 or email email@example.com for further information.